But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life. John 4:14


Water is life. Unfortunately, easy access to water is not a luxury that everyone enjoys. The average person in Uganda must walk six kilometers a day to get to drinkable water. Even then, it is hardly what you and I would consider to be clean. Their reality is often a long journey down to the dirty watering hole with their jerry can. Young children go to fetch water before school and are often punished for being late to class. Older girls can be raped as they fetch water late in the evening. Water borne diseases like typhoid, cholera and dysentery, and malaria carrying mosquitoes lurk in this dirty water. People get sick and then can't work, so the families go hungry. Some even die.


Mission4Water, a small Christian NGO, is working to change that reality for many communities and institutions throughout Uganda by installing simple and accessible boreholes and shallow wells. They employ local labor and utilize low cost materials These simple solutions bring the wonderful gift of clean drinking water, so helping whole communities to stay healthy, active and sustained.

Monday, August 10, 2015

"Seeking You In Uganda"

Our team member Kimberly wrote a poem about her prayer for this upcoming time in Uganda. May it be a blessing and a source of encouragement to all of us.

“Seeking You In Uganda”
I commit my steps
In perseverance I go
On this my journey 

I press into you
Moving into your fullness
I know you are there

This terrain I trek
Not knowing what awaits me 
For I will not fear

I'm guided by you
And my purpose you will show
In hope I will leap

Walking in patience 
I will stand with trust in Thee
Like Christ our Savior

In long suffering
Steadfast in pursuit of you
Unconditional

My heart yearns to love
Despite the darkness Oh, Lord
I walk in my Faith

On this my journey 
To Uganda I am called
There I will find you

2 comments:

  1. Kim, your poem is beautiful! I am so certain that you have seen and experienced God during this journey more than you could have thought or imagined. He has called you to this mission trip and He will continue to order your steps while you are there. Continue to seek Him while He may be found and share His Spirit that dwells in you with all you encounter. Valerie Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, your poem is beautiful! I am so certain that you have seen and experienced God during this journey more than you could have thought or imagined. He has called you to this mission trip and He will continue to order your steps while you are there. Continue to seek Him while He may be found and share His Spirit that dwells in you with all you encounter. Valerie Cook

    ReplyDelete